Selling your NJ home? Here are the steps for a successful listing.
Call Brian for local expertise and assistance! Please use this website as reference for what your home will look like in the listing on the MLS.
Need to list your home? Click for a free home valuation.
- Pricing walk-through visual inspection
- Prepare property to maximize number of showings and quality of offers
- De-clutter and make any cosmetic improvements needed.
- Stage the property to ensure the most positive showing
- Prepare property-preparation punch list
- Price and position to maximize buyer and broker response
- Reserve property website address
- Sign listing paperwork-Listing Agreement, CIS, Disclosures, Consent Forms, etc.
- Staging consultant review
- Take professional pictures (approximately 100-150) for websites and virtual tours
- Order architectural and floor-plan renderings, as appropriate
- Order pre-sale inspections
- Order County Bldg Dept. report
- Order transferable Home Warranty, as appropriate
- Order "Just Listed" postcards
- Create Property-Tour Slideshow and Virtual Tour (if appropriate)
- Develop Property-Showcase website with description, multiple photos, slideshow, showing dates, neighborhood information, loan calculator, etc
- Record all information for listing sheets and advertisements
- Prepare office file
- Make and test keys-put lock box on the property
- Create property flyers
- Submit listing for print advertisements
- Enter house into the MLS at 8 A.M. to take advantage of agents looking at daily updates
- Put “For Sale” sign on property with flyers
- Submit listing to Internet venues-Zillow, Trulia, Craigslist, etc.
- Create Realtor.com Showcase Enhancements
- Mass email to all Reality Real Estate agents
- Mass email to all Medford area agents
- Fax to all Medford offices
- Mass email to all buyers on my personal mailing list
- Notification to other Medford contacts (insurance customers, financial customers, etc)
- Introduce property at Monday sales meeting
- Caravan property with all Medford agents
- Advertise Brokers Open House
- Advertise Public Open House for the weekend (weather permitting)
- Hold Brokers Open House Thursday or Friday to ensure the property is fresh for the weekend
- Hold Public Open House over the weekend (weather permitting)
Every Week for Length of Listing
- Each Monday-Mail weekly update of all activity (advertisements, showings, feedback, etc)
- Each Monday-Resubmit listing to Internet venues
- Obtain and interpret feedback from showings and comments from other agents
- Conduct weekly inspection of property (shovel snow, restock flyers, etc)
Every Month for Length of Listing
- Monthly update on marketing stats
- Review of new listings and sold properties in comparison to the listing
- Mailing of postcards advertising the property (every 3 months)
Offer and Closing Timeline
- Report ALL offers
- Verify buyer is pre-approved for a mortgage if applicable
- Negotiate terms and price until an agreement can be reached
- Review terms and conditions of the contract with the seller
- Distribute contracts to attorneys, agents, etc.
- Plan out sale process-Deposit due dates, home inspection date, mortgage commitment date etc.
- Confirm receipt of initial deposit
- Review “Home Inspection Checklist” to remedy any issues prior to inspection
- Obtain written reports of any issues uncovered.
- Arrange estimates from contractors to ensure the buyer’s estimates are in the correct range
- Arrange to have the issues corrected with contractors
Steps to Closing
- Verify all deposits are accounted for
- Verify mortgage contingency is satisfied
- Obtain current survey and flood elevation
- Inspect and verify township’s requirements are met for Certificate of Occupancy (CO)
- Apply for CO
- Arrange and attend buyer’s final walkthrough
- Attend Closing
Call Brian for local expertise and assistance! Or click for a free home valuation.